Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm back...with projects!

Thankfully, we have our internet back. I can't believe how many times we have had to get a new antenna for the internet since living here. I would like to know who is sabotaging them.

Now on to the projects...Here are the saint dolls I made my girls for their Easter gifts.

St. Genevieve and St. Clare


The patterns for these dolls and others can be found over at Waltzing Matilda. I did change the eyes to make them look like Precious Moments dolls, but my husband thinks I made them look a little like aliens. Hope that's not true!

I embroidered prayers to the saints on the back. (Sentimental side note: The yellow and white plaid fabric for Hannah's doll is exactly what my wallpaper looked like when I was a baby.)

St. Genevieve, who since childhood was filled with God's grace, pray for us.

Valiant St. Clare, help us to live Eucharistic lives.

Then I made saint name shirts for my friend's two sons. This took much less time than I thought it would once I decided on the picture. I embroidered fabric which I then appliqued onto the shirt. I did it this way so that it would be easy for her to remove the saint and put it on something else when they outgrow their shirts.

St. Joseph

St. Michael


Then I embroidered a onesie for another friend's new baby girl. Francesca is her middle name.


And that is not all! But for the rest, you'll have to wait.

No comments: